MP Djanogly caring and effective
I AM writing to defend our MP, Jonathan Djanogly, because of the good work that he has done for me. I am disabled and a wheelchair user. I moved to Huntingdon two-and-a-quarter years ago and I found that the local dropped curbs and some pavements near to
I AM writing to defend our MP, Jonathan Djanogly, because of the good work that he has done for me.
I am disabled and a wheelchair user. I moved to Huntingdon two-and-a-quarter years ago and I found that the local dropped curbs and some pavements near to where I lived were horrendous. The so-called dropped curbs were too high for my wheelchair to mount properly, so were dangerous, and the pavements were so uneven that it was like being on a rough country path and I was being bounced all over the place.
I had the fortune to meet My Djanogly and he agreed to walk round the streets so I could show him the problems that people like myself in wheelchairs have. The result was that the council altered the curbs and repaved the pavement.
However, the young council officer in charge of these things who accompanied me to look at them said to me that he had no idea of how bad these items were or how they affected people in wheelchairs - so much for disability awareness training by our council.
You may also want to watch:
I would also like to comment about some of the other remarks made about Mr Djanogly. If we had another MP, wouldn't they have applied for the same allowances, regardless of how much? It is the system that is at fault, and those MPs who set it up years ago. I don't think we should necessarily blame the ones who made legal claims, like Mr Djanogly, but those who made illegal claims should have the full force of the law set upon them.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?