Motorists warned of delays ahead of emergency work on main Huntingdon road
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS are being warned of potential traffic delays in Huntingdon at the end of the month.
Anglian Water, based in Huntingdon, will be closing one side of the road in Ermine Street, opposite Richardson’s Cycles, to repair a collapsed main sewer pipe.
The work is expected to start on July 29 and end on August 9 with traffic lights set up to cope with the queues.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “We are sorry for any delays this may cause. We will try to keep disruption to a minimum.
“It’s important we repair this as soon as we find the best time to do the work.”
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the slip road from Huntingdon ring road says the work will start on Sunday (July 14) – Anglian Water is investigating why.
- 1 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 2 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Your photos capture stunning sunsets and frosty mornings
- 10 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding