Motorists warned of delays ahead of emergency work on main Huntingdon road
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS are being warned of potential traffic delays in Huntingdon at the end of the month.
Anglian Water, based in Huntingdon, will be closing one side of the road in Ermine Street, opposite Richardson’s Cycles, to repair a collapsed main sewer pipe.
The work is expected to start on July 29 and end on August 9 with traffic lights set up to cope with the queues.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “We are sorry for any delays this may cause. We will try to keep disruption to a minimum.
“It’s important we repair this as soon as we find the best time to do the work.”
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the slip road from Huntingdon ring road says the work will start on Sunday (July 14) – Anglian Water is investigating why.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots