Motorists warned of delays ahead of emergency work on main Huntingdon road
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS are being warned of potential traffic delays in Huntingdon at the end of the month.
Anglian Water, based in Huntingdon, will be closing one side of the road in Ermine Street, opposite Richardson’s Cycles, to repair a collapsed main sewer pipe.
The work is expected to start on July 29 and end on August 9 with traffic lights set up to cope with the queues.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “We are sorry for any delays this may cause. We will try to keep disruption to a minimum.
“It’s important we repair this as soon as we find the best time to do the work.”
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the slip road from Huntingdon ring road says the work will start on Sunday (July 14) – Anglian Water is investigating why.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 5 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'