Motorist 'waved gun' from moving car
A MOTORIST waved a hand gun from the window of his car as he drove through a Huntingdonshire village. Two people reported to Cambridgeshire police that they had seen a driver in the Offords area with what is believed to be a gun. One witness, Amanda
A MOTORIST waved a 'hand gun' from the window of his car as he drove through a Huntingdonshire village.
Two people reported to Cambridgeshire police that they had seen a driver in the Offords area with what is believed to be a gun.
One witness, Amanda McCreddie who is a sales representative for The Hunts Post, said the motorist pointed the gun at her car as she drove past in the opposite direction.
Miss McCreedie, 24, had been heading home to Potton after work at 6pm on Thursday, July 10 when she passed a silver car on Offord Road between Offord Darcy and Gravely.
You may also want to watch:
"A silver estate drove past me and someone pointed a gun out of the window at me," she said. "It was definitely a hand gun and I couldn't see who was holding it as the window was only open a little bit."
She added: "It was a really scary experience. When I saw it I ducked down to try and avoid it, but I could see the gun follow the line of my car.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
"I carried on driving but couldn't stop shaking and had to grip on to the steering wheel really tightly.
"Nothing like that has ever happened to me before and when I got home I just burst in to tears."
Miss McCreddie, of Biggleswade Road, reported the incident to police.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police told The Hunts Post that Miss McCreddie's call was one of two made within minutes of each other relating to a gun sighting.
Another witness called police at 6.15pm saying they had been overtaken by a silver estate on the same stretch of road between Offord and Gravely.
As the vehicle overtook them they saw someone waving a gun out of the driver's window.
A police spokesman said no arrests had been made and investigations were ongoing.
The spokesman added: "If something like this happens to you or if you see anything like this happen to anyone else, then call police immediately."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.