A WOMAN from Bluntisham has been disqualified from driving for 16 months, after drinking three glasses of wine before driving to a fitness class in St Ives. Huntingdon Magistrates Court heard on Thursday how Marissa Bather, 35, of the High Street, Blunti
A WOMAN from Bluntisham has been disqualified from driving for 16 months, after drinking three glasses of wine before driving to a fitness class in St Ives.
Huntingdon Magistrates' Court heard on Thursday how Marissa Bather, 35, of the High Street, Bluntisham, had been arrested after officers saw her Peugeot 206 in a ditch on the A1123, on January 5.
When officers breathalysed her, it was found that she had 66 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
Mike Trippett told the court that his client had no endorsements on her licence and that she had displayed no sign of drunkenness.
You may also want to watch:
The court also heard how Bather, who admitted a drink-drive charge, had not been working recently because of ill-health.
In addition to the disqualification, the court ordered Bather to pay a fine of £150 and the prosecution costs of £55.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae
- 10 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary