Motorist assaulted by lorry driver in road rage incident
A lorry driver assaulted a pensioner and ripped a wing mirror from a car during a road rage incident in Warboys. The assault and criminal damage happened at the roundabout joining the A141 and the B1040. At about 1.25pm on Tuesday, September 30 a lorry c
A lorry driver assaulted a pensioner and ripped a wing mirror from a car during a road rage incident in Warboys.
The assault and criminal damage happened at the roundabout joining the A141 and the B1040.
At about 1.25pm on Tuesday, September 30 a lorry cab pulled up behind a Nissan Qahsqai towing a white Senator caravan.
The driver of the lorry got out and opened the driver's side door of the Nissan. He then pulled off the wing mirror and threw it into the car which hit the 69-year-old female passenger.
He then assaulted the 71-year-old man driving the Nissan before getting back into his vehicle and driving off. The victims suffered minor injuries.
The offender is described as white, average height, between 41 and 60, with sandy coloured hair. He was wearing rimless sunglasses, dark trousers and a mustard short sleeved jacket.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 9 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 10 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Huntingdon Police Station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.