Motorcyclist in critical condition after collision in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has suffered life threatening injuries following a collision in Abbots Ripton this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 30s, sustained the injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car on the B1090 Sawtry Road, between Kings Ripton and Woodwalton, at about 8.15am.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed a man, in his 30s, who had sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
“They then anaesthetised him at the scene providing him with care otherwise only available in hospital.”
The man was then taken, by ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a critical condition upon arrival.
Police closed a section of the B1090 at Kings Ripton crossroads while investigations into the collision were carried out.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Motorists were advised to avoid the area until the road was opened at about 2.30pm.