Motorcyclist in critical condition after collision in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has suffered life threatening injuries following a collision in Abbots Ripton this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 30s, sustained the injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car on the B1090 Sawtry Road, between Kings Ripton and Woodwalton, at about 8.15am.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed a man, in his 30s, who had sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
“They then anaesthetised him at the scene providing him with care otherwise only available in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was then taken, by ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a critical condition upon arrival.
Police closed a section of the B1090 at Kings Ripton crossroads while investigations into the collision were carried out.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Motorists were advised to avoid the area until the road was opened at about 2.30pm.