Motorcyclist in critical condition after collision in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has suffered life threatening injuries following a collision in Abbots Ripton this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 30s, sustained the injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car on the B1090 Sawtry Road, between Kings Ripton and Woodwalton, at about 8.15am.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed a man, in his 30s, who had sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
“They then anaesthetised him at the scene providing him with care otherwise only available in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was then taken, by ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a critical condition upon arrival.
Police closed a section of the B1090 at Kings Ripton crossroads while investigations into the collision were carried out.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
Motorists were advised to avoid the area until the road was opened at about 2.30pm.