Motorcyclist in critical condition after collision in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has suffered life threatening injuries following a collision in Abbots Ripton this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 30s, sustained the injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car on the B1090 Sawtry Road, between Kings Ripton and Woodwalton, at about 8.15am.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed a man, in his 30s, who had sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
“They then anaesthetised him at the scene providing him with care otherwise only available in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was then taken, by ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a critical condition upon arrival.
Police closed a section of the B1090 at Kings Ripton crossroads while investigations into the collision were carried out.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'
Motorists were advised to avoid the area until the road was opened at about 2.30pm.