Motorcyclist in critical condition after collision in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has suffered life threatening injuries following a collision in Abbots Ripton this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 30s, sustained the injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car on the B1090 Sawtry Road, between Kings Ripton and Woodwalton, at about 8.15am.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed a man, in his 30s, who had sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
“They then anaesthetised him at the scene providing him with care otherwise only available in hospital.”
The man was then taken, by ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he was in a critical condition upon arrival.
Police closed a section of the B1090 at Kings Ripton crossroads while investigations into the collision were carried out.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Motorists were advised to avoid the area until the road was opened at about 2.30pm.