Motorcyclist flown to hospital with serious injuries after crash at Catworth
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth. The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist. Police closed the B6
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth.
The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist.
Police closed the B660 in both directions so an air ambulance could land at the scene.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries to his head, and was anaesthetized at the scene by paramedics and was flown to Coventry Hospital.
Dr Simon Lewis from medical emergency charity, Magpas said: "The Magpas team did everything they could to give the patient the best possible chance of making a recovery. With an incident like this it is essential expert medical care from the charity's team is on hand to make sure the patient receives the right treatment at the scene and is then transferred to the right hospital for the type of injuries sustained."
The road remained closed until just after noon.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 4 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 5 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 6 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 7 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.