Motorcyclist flown to hospital with serious injuries after crash at Catworth
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth. The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist. Police closed the B6
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth.
The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist.
Police closed the B660 in both directions so an air ambulance could land at the scene.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries to his head, and was anaesthetized at the scene by paramedics and was flown to Coventry Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Simon Lewis from medical emergency charity, Magpas said: "The Magpas team did everything they could to give the patient the best possible chance of making a recovery. With an incident like this it is essential expert medical care from the charity's team is on hand to make sure the patient receives the right treatment at the scene and is then transferred to the right hospital for the type of injuries sustained."
The road remained closed until just after noon.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.