Motorcyclist flown to hospital with serious injuries after crash at Catworth
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth. The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist. Police closed the B6
A MOTORCYCLIST has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the B660 close to the A14 flyover at Catworth.
The single vehicle collision took place at 7.55am on Thursday (June 25) and involved a male motorcyclist.
Police closed the B660 in both directions so an air ambulance could land at the scene.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries to his head, and was anaesthetized at the scene by paramedics and was flown to Coventry Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Simon Lewis from medical emergency charity, Magpas said: "The Magpas team did everything they could to give the patient the best possible chance of making a recovery. With an incident like this it is essential expert medical care from the charity's team is on hand to make sure the patient receives the right treatment at the scene and is then transferred to the right hospital for the type of injuries sustained."
The road remained closed until just after noon.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Hinchingbrooke Hospital needs 'urgent' rebuild by 2030, warns MP
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.