Mortar this fund-raising than you might think!
A NEW fund-raising campaign has been launched at a Huntingdonshire primary school to kick-start a long-awaited plan to update the classrooms and facilities. Abbots Ripton CofE Primary School, which was built in 1963, would like to build a new classroom, t
A NEW fund-raising campaign has been launched at a Huntingdonshire primary school to kick-start a long-awaited plan to update the classrooms and facilities.
Abbots Ripton CofE Primary School, which was built in 1963, would like to build a new classroom, two meeting rooms, a covered play area, modernised its toilets, extend the staff room and provide a fully equipped library and media suite.
The majority of the funds for the £750,000 project has been provided by the Ely Diocese. The school, however, still needs to find a contribution of more than £35,000.
Linda Nixon, speaking on behalf of the school's fundraising committee, said: "This is a huge task for a small school and we have a few things we are going to do to help us achieve this target."
You may also want to watch:
Among the fundraising events planned by the school is an auction of promises on Saturday, October 14, which will include some fantastic prizes.
People will be able to bid for a signed Manchester United shirt, a weekend for two at any Hilton hotel, a family bowling trip at Lakeside lodge, and Paddock passes for Huntingdon races.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
A buy a brick campaign has also been launched giving people the chance to become part of the history of Abbots Ripton School.
A foundation brick costs £50 and a building costs £5.
Mrs Nixon added: "We especially want to appeal to past pupils of the school who might be interested in our plans. There will be a permanent record of contributors within our new extension and a certificate for every purchase.
"Anything anyone can do to help us will be invaluable. This is a very happy school where the children remain at the heart of everything we do."
INFORMATION: Tickets for the auction are on sale at the school office for £1.50. To buy a brick contact Linda Nixon on 01487 773318 or write to her at Abbots Ripton CofE School, Wennington Road, Abbots Ripton, Cambs. PE28 2LT.