More village homes planned
AN application for 950 more homes in Upper Cambourne has been lodged with South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC). The proposals, which would increase the number of homes in Cambourne to 4,250, has been submitted by MCA Developments. The developer h
AN application for 950 more homes in Upper Cambourne has been lodged with South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
The proposals, which would increase the number of homes in Cambourne to 4,250, has been submitted by MCA Developments.
The developer has proposed that 40 per cent of the homes should be affordable housing.
A nine-week consultation period has started, which will allow the people of Cambourne to have their say about the plans.
A presentation by MCA Developments and SCDC planners will also be made at Cambourne Parish Council's meeting on October 23.
Cllr Dr David Bard, growth and sustainable communities portfolio holder, said: "At present, this planning application only proposes housing, open space, play areas and associated works.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
"If this application is approved, additional community facilities will also need to be provided, to ensure that the needs of the enlarged village are catered for and that Cambourne is strengthened as a community"
Separate planning applications are also to be submitted for a third Cambourne primary school.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the application (reference S/6438/07/O) can view the proposals at Cambourne library, the parish council office at The Hub in Cambourne, at SCDC's offices or online at www.scambs.gov.uk