More village homes planned
AN application for 950 more homes in Upper Cambourne has been lodged with South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC). The proposals, which would increase the number of homes in Cambourne to 4,250, has been submitted by MCA Developments. The developer h
AN application for 950 more homes in Upper Cambourne has been lodged with South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
The proposals, which would increase the number of homes in Cambourne to 4,250, has been submitted by MCA Developments.
The developer has proposed that 40 per cent of the homes should be affordable housing.
A nine-week consultation period has started, which will allow the people of Cambourne to have their say about the plans.
You may also want to watch:
A presentation by MCA Developments and SCDC planners will also be made at Cambourne Parish Council's meeting on October 23.
Cllr Dr David Bard, growth and sustainable communities portfolio holder, said: "At present, this planning application only proposes housing, open space, play areas and associated works.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
"If this application is approved, additional community facilities will also need to be provided, to ensure that the needs of the enlarged village are catered for and that Cambourne is strengthened as a community"
Separate planning applications are also to be submitted for a third Cambourne primary school.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the application (reference S/6438/07/O) can view the proposals at Cambourne library, the parish council office at The Hub in Cambourne, at SCDC's offices or online at www.scambs.gov.uk