More than 40 motorists already caught drink driving
MORE than 40 motorists have already been caught drink driving in the first week of Cambridgeshire police s Christmas campaign to tackle driving under the influence. Officers said a total of 41 people were arrested since the campaign was officially launche
MORE than 40 motorists have already been caught drink driving in the first week of Cambridgeshire police's Christmas campaign to tackle driving under the influence.
Officers said a total of 41 people were arrested since the campaign was officially launched on December 1.
This figure is exceeds the 35 arrested during the first week of the 2006 campaign.
Pc Tony Barrios said: "It is always disappointing to find some drivers are still flouting the law."
You may also want to watch:
As part of the campaign, regular stop checks have been taking place across the county and motorists have been warned they will face a breathalyser test if they are pulled over for any motoring offence.
In addition, police are also urging people going on Christmas parties to ensure they pre-plan their journeys home.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Pc Barrios added: "If you are planning on drinking when going out, always pre-plan how you are going to get back, book a taxi or nominate a non-drinker to drive.
"We do not want anyone to go through the distress and heartbreak of losing a loved one this Christmas through drink-driving and we will continue our robust enforcement.