More snow in Huntingdonshire
FURTHER heavy snowfall is expected across Huntingdonshire before the weekend. Despite the thaw on Monday and Tuesday, the Met Office said it expects heavy snow and widespread icy roads on Wednesday and Thursday. It has warned people to be aware of the con
FURTHER heavy snowfall is expected across Huntingdonshire before the weekend.
Despite the thaw on Monday and Tuesday, the Met Office said it expects heavy snow and widespread icy roads on Wednesday and Thursday. It has warned people to be aware of the conditions, though it has not issued extreme weather warnings.
The weather will ease towards the weekend, with light rain on Saturday and sun on Sunday.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents has urged motorists to beware on the roads, and to drive to the conditions.
A spokesman said: "When visibility is reduced, an accident involving one vehicle can quickly involve many others, especially if they are driving too fast and too close to one another.
"Previous multiple-vehicle pile-ups demonstrate that many drivers do not adjust their driving sufficiently for the conditions."
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
Kevin Clinton, RoSPA's head of road safety, said: "The ability to see and to hear clearly is vital for drivers.
"Drivers should follow weather forecasts and general advice about driving conditions, and should avoid driving in fog unless absolutely necessary.
"Reduce your speed and keep your distance from the vehicle in front. You should always be able to stop in the distance you can see in front of you. If the fog closes in, lose more speed.