More power to the Loony elbow
HOW gratifying that Lord Toby Jug and the Monster Raving Loony Party managed to make their mark in the St Ives election by annihilating Labour. In these dark times we are in dire need of a political force that can refresh those parts of government that ot
HOW gratifying that Lord Toby Jug and the Monster Raving Loony Party managed to make their mark in the St Ives election by annihilating Labour. In these dark times we are in dire need of a political force that can refresh those parts of government that other parties never seem to reach, so Toby mustn't rest on his laurels.
Many readers will remember how the late and great Screaming Lord Sutch took on John Major in the 1992 General Election and captured a whopping 728 votes, propelling him to sixth place out of the 10 candidates, without leaving his bar-stool in the Godmanchester pub that served as his headquarters. Think what might be achieved now.
Yes, the Raving Loonies have come a long way since those distant days of plotting and scheming in the taproom of The Golden Lion in the quaint Devonshire town of Ashburton, which once boasted its own (stannary) parliament and courts but is now famed for its Raving Loony mayor... Now there's a thought.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital