More choice for housing applicants
PEOPLE applying for council housing will be able to apply for houses across the region through a joint scheme being run by seven councils in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. The Home-Link scheme is launched on Friday and will include Huntingdonshire District
PEOPLE applying for council housing will be able to apply for houses across the region through a joint scheme being run by seven councils in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
The Home-Link scheme is launched on Friday and will include Huntingdonshire District Council.
The scheme allows people on the housing register to put in their pitch for a property they would like in any of the seven councils' areas: Cambridge city, East Cambridgeshire, Forest Heath, Huntingdonshire, South Cambridgeshire and St Edmundsbury.
Fenland will join the scheme in November.
You may also want to watch:
Council and housing association properties in these areas will be advertised on a dedicated website at www.home-link.org.uk
They will also be advertised in a fortnightly Home-Link magazine and at council and housing association offices where people would normally apply for housing.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 3 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 4 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
Applicants on the housing register will be able to place an expression of interest, known as a bid, for up to three available properties in each fortnightly advertising cycle.
A spokesman for Huntingdonshire District Council said: "Home-Link will not increase the total number of homes available across the sub-region but it will give people more choice.
"Applicants will have more say in where they are housed and more information about their housing options. It will also provide the opportunity to move around the sub-region."
INFORMATION: The first advertising cycle will be from 9am on Friday, February 22 until noon on Wednesday, February 27. Properties will be advertised each fortnight from then on.
You can also apply by calling 0870 727 0481.