Moonjets blast off!
MATT Parnell and James Olivier, guitarist and drummer with Inkus, have formed a new band, called The Moonjets. The name is an anagram of Tom Jones, Inkus bassist until he was killed aged 17 by a hit-and-run driver in April last year. The award-winning R
MATT Parnell and James Olivier, guitarist and drummer with Inkus, have formed a new band, called The Moonjets.
The name is an anagram of Tom Jones, Inkus bassist until he was killed aged 17 by a hit-and-run driver in April last year.
The award-winning Ramsey band has not played since, except at a charity tribute for Tom at The George in Ramsey in October. Stranglers bassist, JJ Burnel stepped in to play Tom's part.
Now The Moonjets, with two more of Tom's friends, Matt Power on bass and Ian Woodward on guitar will make their hometown debut at There Goes Summer 2002 - a celebration of independent music, over the August bank holiday weekend.
They will be joined by two international bands, The Clerks from France, and AntiCage from the Czech republic as well as Cambridgeshire bands Linda's Nephew, After4, CharlieMore4, Badwell Ash, Equinox, An Dog, ACACIA and a solo acoustic guitar performance from John Pearce.
The gig is organised by FMS promotions who last year put on the charity memorial gig at Cambridge Corn Exchange in Tom's memory.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
The venue has been donated by The George and the PA, sound system and lighting crew is being supplied by Pete Boot, drummer of 1970s rock band Budgie.
All proceeds will go to the Huntingdon MS Therapy Centre, the chosen charity of Tom's family and support for people with Parkinson's disease.
INFORMATION: 2pm to 10.30pm. Tickets £5 from The George Hotel, Ramsey High Street. 01487 815264.