I REALLY think that Cambridgeshire County Council, no doubt aided and abetted by local councillors, have gone completely out of their minds in wanting to spend an exorbitant £4.5m on St Neots town centre - an amount of money that most of us can never even
I REALLY think that Cambridgeshire County Council, no doubt aided and abetted by local councillors, have gone completely out of their minds in wanting to spend an exorbitant £4.5m on St Neots town centre - an amount of money that most of us can never even contemplate.
Yet these so called custodians of our welfare and our resources blithely throw around these vast sums as though they were pocket money. But it is we who pay, time and time again for their wild dreams.
Let these councillors just sit down quietly and think where £4.5m is going to come from and what they could do to St Neots town centre that actually warrants such an incredible sum. A few white lines here, a co-ordination of traffic lights there - what exactly is going to be done and who is going to be paid what?
Which consultants are going to be paid silly money (our money) to make mindless suggestions as to how our money is to be spent?
You may also want to watch:
It is about time we were given some proper answers by our elected representatives who appear to spend much of their time advocating spending gifts to the town on converting the redundant Priory Centre into a cinema.
They should be made accountable for any money that is spent - let them raise £4.5m from their resources not ours.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
MICHAEL LYNN, High Street, Offord D'Arcy