I REALLY think that Cambridgeshire County Council, no doubt aided and abetted by local councillors, have gone completely out of their minds in wanting to spend an exorbitant £4.5m on St Neots town centre - an amount of money that most of us can never even
I REALLY think that Cambridgeshire County Council, no doubt aided and abetted by local councillors, have gone completely out of their minds in wanting to spend an exorbitant £4.5m on St Neots town centre - an amount of money that most of us can never even contemplate.
Yet these so called custodians of our welfare and our resources blithely throw around these vast sums as though they were pocket money. But it is we who pay, time and time again for their wild dreams.
Let these councillors just sit down quietly and think where £4.5m is going to come from and what they could do to St Neots town centre that actually warrants such an incredible sum. A few white lines here, a co-ordination of traffic lights there - what exactly is going to be done and who is going to be paid what?
Which consultants are going to be paid silly money (our money) to make mindless suggestions as to how our money is to be spent?
You may also want to watch:
It is about time we were given some proper answers by our elected representatives who appear to spend much of their time advocating spending gifts to the town on converting the redundant Priory Centre into a cinema.
They should be made accountable for any money that is spent - let them raise £4.5m from their resources not ours.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
MICHAEL LYNN, High Street, Offord D'Arcy