Modest celebration for MBE
MORE extravagant organisations would have cracked open the champagne. But cash-strapped Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust broke out the tea and cake to celebrate Hinchingbrooke-based consultant physiotherapist Jill Gamlin s MBE. Jill, who won a Hunts Post
MORE extravagant organisations would have cracked open the champagne. But cash-strapped Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust broke out the tea and cake to celebrate Hinchingbrooke-based consultant physiotherapist Jill Gamlin's MBE.
Jill, who won a Hunts Post Business Award three years ago, had the idea that led to the launch of Physio Direct.
PCT chairman Maureen Donnelly said: "Jill is a widely respected member of the PCT's professional executive committee (PEC), which identifies health priorities for Cambridgeshire residents. We wanted to celebrate Jill being awarded an MBE recently in the Queen's Birthday Honours, and acknowledge her outstanding commitment to the work of both this PCT and its predecessor, Huntingdonshire PCT."
Dr Dennis Cox, a St Ives GP and PCT chairman, added: "Jill has for many years helped shape the strategic priorities for local health services through her work with the current and former primary care trusts.
You may also want to watch:
"She also led the redesign of physiotherapy musculoskeletal services for Huntingdonshire that culminated in the launch of Physio Direct, a system that enables patients to get advice and treatment immediately from physio-therapists instead of waiting weeks to be referred by a doctor.
"Not only did the service win the Hunts Post award for innovation in 2004 but it was cited as an example of innovation in the recent Department of Health White Paper Musculoskeletal Services Frame-work and the Government's Working in Partnership Programme.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat