Mobile Post Office service launched for Holme
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year. Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail. But post office st
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year.
Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail.
But post office staff in Hemingford Grey have launched a mobile post office service for Holme.
The service, launched last Wednesday (June 17) offersl a full range of services, including car tax, bank withdrawals and bureau de change.
It will be available outside the old Holme Post Office in Station Road on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2pm-4pm. The service is also running in Over every Monday to Friday from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Lionel Wright, Hemingford Grey Post Office manager, said: "We felt this was important to do because these villages have lost their post offices, which to a lot of people was their lifeline.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
"We hope this new service will benefit a lot of residents and help make their life easier.