Mobile Post Office service launched for Holme
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year. Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail. But post office st
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year.
Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail.
But post office staff in Hemingford Grey have launched a mobile post office service for Holme.
The service, launched last Wednesday (June 17) offersl a full range of services, including car tax, bank withdrawals and bureau de change.
You may also want to watch:
It will be available outside the old Holme Post Office in Station Road on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2pm-4pm. The service is also running in Over every Monday to Friday from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Lionel Wright, Hemingford Grey Post Office manager, said: "We felt this was important to do because these villages have lost their post offices, which to a lot of people was their lifeline.
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 5 Event to remember village's war hero
- 6 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
"We hope this new service will benefit a lot of residents and help make their life easier.