Mobile Post Office service launched for Holme
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year. Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail. But post office st
POST office services have returned to a Huntingdonshire village after the Royal Mail axed them last year.
Holme Post Office was one of dozens of branches closed across the UK as part of a cost-cutting exercise by the Royal Mail.
But post office staff in Hemingford Grey have launched a mobile post office service for Holme.
The service, launched last Wednesday (June 17) offersl a full range of services, including car tax, bank withdrawals and bureau de change.
You may also want to watch:
It will be available outside the old Holme Post Office in Station Road on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2pm-4pm. The service is also running in Over every Monday to Friday from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Lionel Wright, Hemingford Grey Post Office manager, said: "We felt this was important to do because these villages have lost their post offices, which to a lot of people was their lifeline.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
"We hope this new service will benefit a lot of residents and help make their life easier.