Military v Ryanair: the fight goes on
THANK you for publishing the article (November 4) about my grievance against Ryanair and its unreasonable lack of refunds, even for military personnel such as I whose deployment to war in Iraq interfered with holiday plans. Your article was a very useful
THANK you for publishing the article (November 4) about my grievance against Ryanair and its unreasonable lack of refunds, even for military personnel such as I whose deployment to war in Iraq interfered with holiday plans.
Your article was a very useful public service to inform our community about Ryanair's lack of fairness and poor customer service.
I was pleasantly surprised that many people approached me with sympathy - especially on Remembrance Day - to express their own disappointment and their preference to giving their custom to other airlines in future.
I was even more surprised - and flattered - that our MP took an interest in the case and offered to contact HM Government Ministries on my behalf.
I shall carry on informing a broader audience throughout the UK (starting with the Ministry of Defence to help other military personnel), Ireland and the EU about Ryanair's poor customer service, but your publication was the first step.
Major RALPH GROVES
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
US Army Reserve