Military v Ryanair: the fight goes on
THANK you for publishing the article (November 4) about my grievance against Ryanair and its unreasonable lack of refunds, even for military personnel such as I whose deployment to war in Iraq interfered with holiday plans. Your article was a very useful
THANK you for publishing the article (November 4) about my grievance against Ryanair and its unreasonable lack of refunds, even for military personnel such as I whose deployment to war in Iraq interfered with holiday plans.
Your article was a very useful public service to inform our community about Ryanair's lack of fairness and poor customer service.
I was pleasantly surprised that many people approached me with sympathy - especially on Remembrance Day - to express their own disappointment and their preference to giving their custom to other airlines in future.
I was even more surprised - and flattered - that our MP took an interest in the case and offered to contact HM Government Ministries on my behalf.
I shall carry on informing a broader audience throughout the UK (starting with the Ministry of Defence to help other military personnel), Ireland and the EU about Ryanair's poor customer service, but your publication was the first step.
Major RALPH GROVES
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
US Army Reserve