Merlin to the rescue
SOME may call it a shaggy dog story but the latest member to join the ranks of The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team is. . . a mountain rescue dog . Merlin the Saint Bernard was made a member of the charity fundraising team by his owners Peter and Fiona Cook f
SOME may call it a shaggy dog story but the latest member to join the ranks of The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team is. . . a 'mountain rescue dog'.
Merlin the Saint Bernard was made a member of the charity fundraising team by his owners Peter and Fiona Cook from Gamlingay.
Not only did they pay out £10 each for their life membership, but Merlin was also included.
Gil Boyd, the charity's chairman, said: "It is always nice to have an animal such as the Saint Bernard associated with our rescues.
"It is just a shame that he didn't have his barrel of brandy under his chin so that we could all enjoy a tipple on the committee."
The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team has for the past 35 years been fundraising in order to purchase a specialist piece of equipment for a disabled person in Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: To become a life member of charity, send a £10 cheque made payable to the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team c/o Kevin Doyle,
Treasurer, The Drive, High Street, Pidley, Cambs, PE283BX.
Visit the website www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk for more information.