Merlin to the rescue
SOME may call it a shaggy dog story but the latest member to join the ranks of The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team is. . . a mountain rescue dog . Merlin the Saint Bernard was made a member of the charity fundraising team by his owners Peter and Fiona Cook f
SOME may call it a shaggy dog story but the latest member to join the ranks of The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team is. . . a 'mountain rescue dog'.
Merlin the Saint Bernard was made a member of the charity fundraising team by his owners Peter and Fiona Cook from Gamlingay.
Not only did they pay out £10 each for their life membership, but Merlin was also included.
Gil Boyd, the charity's chairman, said: "It is always nice to have an animal such as the Saint Bernard associated with our rescues.
You may also want to watch:
"It is just a shame that he didn't have his barrel of brandy under his chin so that we could all enjoy a tipple on the committee."
The Pidley Mountain Rescue Team has for the past 35 years been fundraising in order to purchase a specialist piece of equipment for a disabled person in Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award
INFORMATION: To become a life member of charity, send a £10 cheque made payable to the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team c/o Kevin Doyle,
Treasurer, The Drive, High Street, Pidley, Cambs, PE283BX.
Visit the website www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk for more information.