SIXTY years of the Huntingdon and District Branch of the Royal Air Forces Association will be marked next month by a special memorial service to commemorate the Battle of Britain. The district branch of RAFA was formed in 1947, and to mark the occasion th
SIXTY years of the Huntingdon and District Branch of the Royal Air Forces Association will be marked next month by a special memorial service to commemorate the Battle of Britain.
The district branch of RAFA was formed in 1947, and to mark the occasion the group is holding an evening service on Sunday, September 16, at All Saints' Church, in Huntingdon.
The mayors of Huntingdon, Godmanchester, Ramsey, St Ives and St Neots have been invited to attend the ceremony, which is being held with the co-operation of RAF Brampton and RAF Wyton.
The service will be conducted the Rev Andrew Milton, while the Mayor of Huntingdon, Cllr Jennifer Sarabia, and Group Captain Gordon Bruce, commander of RAF Brampton, Wyton and Henlow will give the readings. Music will be provided by the RAF Wyton Area Voluntary Band.
Prior to the service, there will also be a parade of the branch standards and air cadets on Market Square, Huntingdon, which will be inspected by the vice-Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Jane Lewin Smith.
The church service starts at 6pm and will be followed by a gathering at Huntingdon Town Hall. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000