Meeting to discuss future of Godmanchester field
AN open meeting is being held on Saturday, January 30 to discuss the future of Judith s Field in Godmanchester after a developer has obtained an option to buy land, including the field, east of the A1198 for development. Godmanchester Town Council, which
AN open meeting is being held on Saturday, January 30 to discuss the future of Judith's Field in Godmanchester after a developer has obtained an option to buy land, including the field, east of the A1198 for development.
Godmanchester Town Council, which has a long lease remaining on Judith's Field, is inviting Godmanchester residents to give their views.
A council spokesman said: "The developer has asked whether we would wish to include some, all or none of Judith's Field as part of the new development.
"If the decision is taken to build on Judith's Field, the developer has said they would provide an alternative open space within the area for development on the land east of the A1198. If the decision is taken to retain Judith's Field as an open green space, the town council will work towards further improvements in play facilities such as provision of a multi-use games area/mini skate-ramp and will also work towards redeveloping the existing building."
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will give residents the chance to see a map of the area in question, ask questions and give their views.
INFORMATION: 2pm at Judith's Field. If you are unable to attend, you can give your comments to Godmanchester Town Council by post, telephone or email to: Town Office, 1 Post Street, Godmanchester, PE29 2NB; Telephone: 01480 388870. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 8 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'