Mayfield Road too crowded for more homes
I WOULD like to protest about the proposed development in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon. The tiny triangle of land is destined to site 20 houses and nine apartments, so called eco-friendly. Considering the already unbelievable congestion outside Hartford Scho
I WOULD like to protest about the proposed development in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon. The tiny triangle of land is destined to site 20 houses and nine apartments, so called eco-friendly.
Considering the already unbelievable congestion outside Hartford School, extra traffic with St John Ambulance enlarging and the proposed access from Mayfield Road to the Huntingdon Olympic Gym, it is already a nightmare - without more houses and cars.
On top of that, we have the Desborough Road rat run accommodating all the "Birds estate" for access onto Hartford Road through the only traffic lights and Hunters Down now enlarged. I feel like I will be living on a massive roundabout
I hope this will make everybody aware of what it will be like if the development goes ahead, and maybe enough protest could achieve something good.
What about the land in California Road? There are acres of land there, and no one has shown any interest in that yet - lots of space for 20 houses and nine apartments.
Mayfield Road should be left with its little bit of green and maybe even a play area for children. Where are they supposed to go after French's Field has been consumed?
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
A picture of the cars arriving to deliver kids to school would show how busy and dangerous the road is now, without more traffic to-ing and fro-ing.