Mayfield Road already too congested
MY family are in complete agreement with the comments made by Mrs Sylvia Dixon about too many houses proposed for Mayfield Road (Letters, October 8). I don t think that there are many people living in this area who have not written to the various councils
MY family are in complete agreement with the comments made by Mrs Sylvia Dixon about too many houses proposed for Mayfield Road (Letters, October 8).
I don't think that there are many people living in this area who have not written to the various councils, listing the many reasons why this small triangle of land should never under any circumstance be used for building.
Mayfield Road is a complete nightmare with the traffic it already has to cope with.
This will get worse, and the danger, too, to the children using the two schools housed in Mayfield Road, and the difficulties for the old people living in the senior citizens' bungalows in the road are too frightening to contemplate.
I have never before seen a road that has reached saturation point but Mayfield Road certainly has.
For all our sakes stop this development before some terrible accident happens.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
I stand in my living room (my bungalow is on the junction of Desborough Road and Mayfield Road) and watch the near misses that occur every single day. Please believe me, I do not exaggerate.