Marshall's Peugeot dealership to close Huntingdon site
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter s Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost. In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter's Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost.
In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car sales and is having to rationalise its operations.
The company, which has sold British Leyland, Rover and, most recently, Peugeot vehicles from the St Peter's Road site for decades, is "integrating Huntingdon Peugeot with five other locations nearby," franchise manager Graham Mundell told The Hunts Post on Tuesday (June 9). The nearest is in St Neots. It also has branches in Peterborough, Cambridge, Bedford and Kempston.
Mr Mundell said he would have a better idea of the number of likely job losses in a week's time, but added: "We are expecting the large proportion [of employees] to be redeployed within other Marshall sites."
You may also want to watch:
The company's other Huntingdon branch, the Maddox & Kirby dealership in Hartford Road in the town centre, closed around 10 years ago. The site is now part of the Papworth Trust's Saxongate Centre.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital