Marshall's Peugeot dealership to close Huntingdon site
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter s Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost. In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter's Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost.
In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car sales and is having to rationalise its operations.
The company, which has sold British Leyland, Rover and, most recently, Peugeot vehicles from the St Peter's Road site for decades, is "integrating Huntingdon Peugeot with five other locations nearby," franchise manager Graham Mundell told The Hunts Post on Tuesday (June 9). The nearest is in St Neots. It also has branches in Peterborough, Cambridge, Bedford and Kempston.
Mr Mundell said he would have a better idea of the number of likely job losses in a week's time, but added: "We are expecting the large proportion [of employees] to be redeployed within other Marshall sites."
You may also want to watch:
The company's other Huntingdon branch, the Maddox & Kirby dealership in Hartford Road in the town centre, closed around 10 years ago. The site is now part of the Papworth Trust's Saxongate Centre.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital