Marshall's Peugeot dealership to close Huntingdon site
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter s Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost. In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter's Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost.
In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car sales and is having to rationalise its operations.
The company, which has sold British Leyland, Rover and, most recently, Peugeot vehicles from the St Peter's Road site for decades, is "integrating Huntingdon Peugeot with five other locations nearby," franchise manager Graham Mundell told The Hunts Post on Tuesday (June 9). The nearest is in St Neots. It also has branches in Peterborough, Cambridge, Bedford and Kempston.
Mr Mundell said he would have a better idea of the number of likely job losses in a week's time, but added: "We are expecting the large proportion [of employees] to be redeployed within other Marshall sites."
The company's other Huntingdon branch, the Maddox & Kirby dealership in Hartford Road in the town centre, closed around 10 years ago. The site is now part of the Papworth Trust's Saxongate Centre.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 6 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 House set alight in Brampton
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge