Marshall's Peugeot dealership to close Huntingdon site
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter s Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost. In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car
MARSHALL Group's Peugeot dealership in St Peter's Road, Huntingdon, is set to close at the end of June, but it is not yet clear how many jobs will be lost.
In common with most other dealerships, the Marshall group has been hit by the worldwide slump in new car sales and is having to rationalise its operations.
The company, which has sold British Leyland, Rover and, most recently, Peugeot vehicles from the St Peter's Road site for decades, is "integrating Huntingdon Peugeot with five other locations nearby," franchise manager Graham Mundell told The Hunts Post on Tuesday (June 9). The nearest is in St Neots. It also has branches in Peterborough, Cambridge, Bedford and Kempston.
Mr Mundell said he would have a better idea of the number of likely job losses in a week's time, but added: "We are expecting the large proportion [of employees] to be redeployed within other Marshall sites."
You may also want to watch:
The company's other Huntingdon branch, the Maddox & Kirby dealership in Hartford Road in the town centre, closed around 10 years ago. The site is now part of the Papworth Trust's Saxongate Centre.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village