Marie Curie’s flower power
THIS year s Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity s shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers. The charity is inviting people in Huntin
THIS year's Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity's shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers.
The charity is inviting people in Huntingdonshire to make a donation in return for a daffodil pin. Each donation edges the charity towards its target of raising £5.5million to help give terminally ill people specialist care from Marie Curie nurses.
Fundraisers will be out collecting throughout March and daffodil pins will be on sale in shops and schools.
The campaign is supported by Yellow Pages to help all the money collect go straight into the charity's funds.
You may also want to watch:
* On Wednesday, March 12, the Bootscooterz Line Dance Club will host a Marie Curie fundraiser at the Comrade's Club in Godmanchester when it will launch the special Daffodil Dance step routine. Organiser, Lorraine DuBose said: "We encourage everybody - from those with no line dancing experience right up to seasoned dancers - to get sponsorship, come along and have a fun evening.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Strictly favourites Anton and Giovanni set for star-studded show