Marie Curie’s flower power
THIS year s Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity s shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers. The charity is inviting people in Huntin
THIS year's Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity's shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers.
The charity is inviting people in Huntingdonshire to make a donation in return for a daffodil pin. Each donation edges the charity towards its target of raising £5.5million to help give terminally ill people specialist care from Marie Curie nurses.
Fundraisers will be out collecting throughout March and daffodil pins will be on sale in shops and schools.
The campaign is supported by Yellow Pages to help all the money collect go straight into the charity's funds.
You may also want to watch:
* On Wednesday, March 12, the Bootscooterz Line Dance Club will host a Marie Curie fundraiser at the Comrade's Club in Godmanchester when it will launch the special Daffodil Dance step routine. Organiser, Lorraine DuBose said: "We encourage everybody - from those with no line dancing experience right up to seasoned dancers - to get sponsorship, come along and have a fun evening.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life