Marie Curie’s flower power
THIS year s Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity s shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers. The charity is inviting people in Huntin
THIS year's Great Daffodil Appeal to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care was launched outside the charity's shop in Chequers Court Huntingdon on Thursday with fundraisers and volunteers dressing up as flowers.
The charity is inviting people in Huntingdonshire to make a donation in return for a daffodil pin. Each donation edges the charity towards its target of raising £5.5million to help give terminally ill people specialist care from Marie Curie nurses.
Fundraisers will be out collecting throughout March and daffodil pins will be on sale in shops and schools.
The campaign is supported by Yellow Pages to help all the money collect go straight into the charity's funds.
* On Wednesday, March 12, the Bootscooterz Line Dance Club will host a Marie Curie fundraiser at the Comrade's Club in Godmanchester when it will launch the special Daffodil Dance step routine. Organiser, Lorraine DuBose said: "We encourage everybody - from those with no line dancing experience right up to seasoned dancers - to get sponsorship, come along and have a fun evening.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years