Margaret leaves St Neots Golf Club after 24 years
TWENTY-FORE: Members of St Neots Golf Club have said farewell to Margaret Davies who for the last 24 years has been the office administrator, helping to make sure the club’s affairs run smoothly.
Since joining the club in 1986, Margaret has worked for 11 club secretary/managers, seven club presidents, six club chairmen, and 25 club captains and lady captains.
Members said she has always remained committed, enthusiastic and cheerful and has always put the interests of the club first.
To mark her retirement, Margaret was presented with a vase mounted on an engraved plinth from the committee, a digital camera from the staff and a laptop from the members.
In addition, more than 100 members and guests attended a buffet luncheon in Margaret’s honour.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Neal said: “Margaret has been a part of the club for so long that it will not be the same without her and we all wish her a long, happy and healthy retirement and hope that she will continue to visit us as an honorary member in the future.”
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 6 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020