Margaret leaves St Neots Golf Club after 24 years
TWENTY-FORE: Members of St Neots Golf Club have said farewell to Margaret Davies who for the last 24 years has been the office administrator, helping to make sure the club’s affairs run smoothly.
Since joining the club in 1986, Margaret has worked for 11 club secretary/managers, seven club presidents, six club chairmen, and 25 club captains and lady captains.
Members said she has always remained committed, enthusiastic and cheerful and has always put the interests of the club first.
To mark her retirement, Margaret was presented with a vase mounted on an engraved plinth from the committee, a digital camera from the staff and a laptop from the members.
In addition, more than 100 members and guests attended a buffet luncheon in Margaret’s honour.
Club chairman Bill Neal said: “Margaret has been a part of the club for so long that it will not be the same without her and we all wish her a long, happy and healthy retirement and hope that she will continue to visit us as an honorary member in the future.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 6 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 House set alight in Brampton