Margaret leaves St Neots Golf Club after 24 years
TWENTY-FORE: Members of St Neots Golf Club have said farewell to Margaret Davies who for the last 24 years has been the office administrator, helping to make sure the club’s affairs run smoothly.
Since joining the club in 1986, Margaret has worked for 11 club secretary/managers, seven club presidents, six club chairmen, and 25 club captains and lady captains.
Members said she has always remained committed, enthusiastic and cheerful and has always put the interests of the club first.
To mark her retirement, Margaret was presented with a vase mounted on an engraved plinth from the committee, a digital camera from the staff and a laptop from the members.
In addition, more than 100 members and guests attended a buffet luncheon in Margaret’s honour.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Neal said: “Margaret has been a part of the club for so long that it will not be the same without her and we all wish her a long, happy and healthy retirement and hope that she will continue to visit us as an honorary member in the future.”
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space