Margaret leaves St Neots Golf Club after 24 years
TWENTY-FORE: Members of St Neots Golf Club have said farewell to Margaret Davies who for the last 24 years has been the office administrator, helping to make sure the club’s affairs run smoothly.
Since joining the club in 1986, Margaret has worked for 11 club secretary/managers, seven club presidents, six club chairmen, and 25 club captains and lady captains.
Members said she has always remained committed, enthusiastic and cheerful and has always put the interests of the club first.
To mark her retirement, Margaret was presented with a vase mounted on an engraved plinth from the committee, a digital camera from the staff and a laptop from the members.
In addition, more than 100 members and guests attended a buffet luncheon in Margaret’s honour.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Neal said: “Margaret has been a part of the club for so long that it will not be the same without her and we all wish her a long, happy and healthy retirement and hope that she will continue to visit us as an honorary member in the future.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 6 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event