Margaret leaves St Neots Golf Club after 24 years
TWENTY-FORE: Members of St Neots Golf Club have said farewell to Margaret Davies who for the last 24 years has been the office administrator, helping to make sure the club’s affairs run smoothly.
Since joining the club in 1986, Margaret has worked for 11 club secretary/managers, seven club presidents, six club chairmen, and 25 club captains and lady captains.
Members said she has always remained committed, enthusiastic and cheerful and has always put the interests of the club first.
To mark her retirement, Margaret was presented with a vase mounted on an engraved plinth from the committee, a digital camera from the staff and a laptop from the members.
In addition, more than 100 members and guests attended a buffet luncheon in Margaret’s honour.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Neal said: “Margaret has been a part of the club for so long that it will not be the same without her and we all wish her a long, happy and healthy retirement and hope that she will continue to visit us as an honorary member in the future.”
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 9 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'