Marcia's royal appointment
St Ives photographer Marcia Carpenter has work displayed to mark the re-opening of Kew Palace in London. As part of the celebrations, a community project was set up by The Historic Royal Palaces and The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. The project, which will
St Ives photographer Marcia Carpenter has work displayed to mark the re-opening of Kew Palace in London.
As part of the celebrations, a community project was set up by The Historic Royal Palaces and The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
The project, which will be on view all this year, was to produce a structure reminiscent of the temples and buildings that have been part of the history of the gardens over the centuries. The picture of the Temple of Imagination in Kew Gardens by Ms Carpenter was used as part of the project.
She was one of a group of photographers from the Disabled Photographers Society asked to take part after work they did with Hampton Court Palace in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Each photographer had to provide up to 10 images taken at Kew Gardens. They were given access to the gardens at any time over four weeks but the work had to be black and white and either of architecture within the gardens or architectural type plants.
INFORMATION: Marcia Carpenter is about to launch her own photography business. Contact her on 01480 468821 or you can e-mail Marcia@carpenterhouse.fsnet.co.uk or see www.mbcphotography.co.uk
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
* Our picture shows the temple containing Marcia's photograph.