Marcia's royal appointment
St Ives photographer Marcia Carpenter has work displayed to mark the re-opening of Kew Palace in London. As part of the celebrations, a community project was set up by The Historic Royal Palaces and The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. The project, which will
St Ives photographer Marcia Carpenter has work displayed to mark the re-opening of Kew Palace in London.
As part of the celebrations, a community project was set up by The Historic Royal Palaces and The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
The project, which will be on view all this year, was to produce a structure reminiscent of the temples and buildings that have been part of the history of the gardens over the centuries. The picture of the Temple of Imagination in Kew Gardens by Ms Carpenter was used as part of the project.
She was one of a group of photographers from the Disabled Photographers Society asked to take part after work they did with Hampton Court Palace in 2005.
Each photographer had to provide up to 10 images taken at Kew Gardens. They were given access to the gardens at any time over four weeks but the work had to be black and white and either of architecture within the gardens or architectural type plants.
INFORMATION: Marcia Carpenter is about to launch her own photography business. Contact her on 01480 468821 or you can e-mail Marcia@carpenterhouse.fsnet.co.uk or see www.mbcphotography.co.uk
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 9 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 10 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
* Our picture shows the temple containing Marcia's photograph.