Manhunt launched in Huntingdon after criminal escapes prison van
A DRAMATIC manhunt was launched in Huntingdon after a criminal escaped from a prison van outside the town s court building. The police helicopter was scrambled to the skies above Huntingdon Law Courts in Walden Road (ring road) to help capture the escape
A DRAMATIC manhunt was launched in Huntingdon after a criminal escaped from a prison van outside the town's court building.
The police helicopter was scrambled to the skies above Huntingdon Law Courts in Walden Road (ring road) to help capture the escapee.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said a 21-year-old male "escaped" from a prison van at about 4.18pm on Wednesday (February 17).
The man had earlier appeared in court and been handed a five-month prison sentence. He then made a run for it after being escorted to a prison van waiting outside the court.
Officers in patrol cars gave chase, tracking the man down at 4.43pm nearly two miles away in Hall Close, Hartford, close to the village hall.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named