Man treated by paramedics after chip pan fire in Ramsey
ONE man was treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan caught on fire in the early hours of the morning in his flat. Firefighters were called to a fire in a third floor flat in Canberra Court, Ramsey at 3.10am on Sunday (June 14). When crews arrived t
ONE man was treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan caught on fire in the early hours of the morning in his flat.
Firefighters were called to a fire in a third floor flat in Canberra Court, Ramsey at 3.10am on Sunday (June 14).
When crews arrived they found the flat heavily smoke logged and led a male occupant to safety.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze and returned to base at 4.22am.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 3 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 4 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 7 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 8 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 9 For sale: Period property in Somersham has been lovingly restored with particular attention to detail
- 10 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
Phil Thacker, crew manager at Ramsey Fire Station, said: "If a chip pan fire occurs in the home there are a number of steps you can take to try and limit the damage caused and the threat to life.
"Firstly, try not to panic, never throw water onto the fire as this will result in an explosion of oil, do not move the pan unless it is safe to do so and try to turn off the heat source, leave the kitchen closing the door behind you and get out of your home, dial 999 and wait for the fire service to arrive.