Man taken to hospital after car and lorry crash on A1 near Buckden
FIREFIGHTERS had to remove part of a lorry to help free a casualty following a two vehicle crash on the A1. The collision took place on the southbound carriageway between Little Paxton and Buckden at 4.44pm on Tuesday (May 26). When firefighters from St
FIREFIGHTERS had to remove part of a lorry to help free a casualty following a two vehicle crash on the A1.
The collision took place on the southbound carriageway between Little Paxton and Buckden at 4.44pm on Tuesday (May 26).
When firefighters from St Neots and Huntingdon arrived on the scene they found a car and a lorry in a ditch. The lorry was transporting 38 tonnes of granulated sugar.
Firefighters removed part of the lorry to make it more stable and assisted paramedics in removing a casualty from the car.
You may also want to watch:
The 40-year-old male driver of the car was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with minor injuries.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'