Man stabbed at St Neots pub
A MAN is in hospital in a serious but stable condition after being stabbed outside a St Neots pub. Police were called to the Merryboys pub in Berkley Street, Eynesbury, at 10.30pm on Wednesday (August 26). The 48-year-old victim, who is from the St Neots area, was taken to Hinchi
A MAN is in hospital in a serious but stable condition after being stabbed outside a St Neots pub.
Police were called to the Merryboys pub in Berkley Street, Eynesbury, at 10.30pm on Wednesday (August 26).
The 48-year-old victim, who is from the St Neots area, was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon by a member of the public and was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge. His injuries were described as serious, but not life-threatening and he is now said to be in a stable condition.
Crime scene investigators were at the scene on Thursday (August 27) and officers have been conducting house to house enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Matt Swash said: "We know that there were a lot of people in the Merryboys pub at the time and I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident take place, or anyone who knows something that could help our investigation.
"After the victim was stabbed, we believe the offender drove off in a silver Ford Mondeo. I would like to speak to anyone who can tell me where this car went or anyone who then saw a silver Mondeo involved in any further suspicious incidents."
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
A 33-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and is in custody at Huntingdon police station.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Swash at Wisbech Police Station on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.