Man reunited with film of his wedding
GODMANCHESTER carpenter and joiner Bob Goodman has been reunited with film of his wedding in Ramsey nearly 40 years ago - but not with his bride, who ran off with another man more than 30 years back. The film was unearthed by a man from Bedale in North Yo
GODMANCHESTER carpenter and joiner Bob Goodman has been reunited with film of his wedding in Ramsey nearly 40 years ago - but not with his bride, who ran off with another man more than 30 years back.
The film was unearthed by a man from Bedale in North Yorkshire when he was sorting through his attic last Christmas. Following his letter appearing in The Hunts Post in January, Bob Goodman made contact with the finder, Laurie Graham, and last month retrieved the footage of the happy day at Thomas a Becket Church in March 1969.
"I don't have particularly happy memories of her, of course," Bob told The Hunts Post. "She cleared off when our son was five. He's now 37 and lives in America. But I want the grandchildren to see the family. There are lots of aunts, uncles and cousins in the film, and my mother, who died in 1971 on her 49th birthday."
Bob, 60, who was born in Edinburgh, moved to Huntingdon at the age of six weeks. Before moving to Godmanchester, he lived for many years in Great Northern Street, Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
He now works for Bailey Burgashell, in Sutton, making sculling boats. He has not re-married.
Mr Graham believes the film came into his possession when he was stationed at RAF Upwood and bought a projector. Some airport footage at the start of the reel was used to demonstrate the machine. It was only when he came to transfer old cine film to DVD that he discovered the wedding footage.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 5 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 8 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 9 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre