Man reunited with film of his wedding
GODMANCHESTER carpenter and joiner Bob Goodman has been reunited with film of his wedding in Ramsey nearly 40 years ago - but not with his bride, who ran off with another man more than 30 years back. The film was unearthed by a man from Bedale in North Yo
GODMANCHESTER carpenter and joiner Bob Goodman has been reunited with film of his wedding in Ramsey nearly 40 years ago - but not with his bride, who ran off with another man more than 30 years back.
The film was unearthed by a man from Bedale in North Yorkshire when he was sorting through his attic last Christmas. Following his letter appearing in The Hunts Post in January, Bob Goodman made contact with the finder, Laurie Graham, and last month retrieved the footage of the happy day at Thomas a Becket Church in March 1969.
"I don't have particularly happy memories of her, of course," Bob told The Hunts Post. "She cleared off when our son was five. He's now 37 and lives in America. But I want the grandchildren to see the family. There are lots of aunts, uncles and cousins in the film, and my mother, who died in 1971 on her 49th birthday."
Bob, 60, who was born in Edinburgh, moved to Huntingdon at the age of six weeks. Before moving to Godmanchester, he lived for many years in Great Northern Street, Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
He now works for Bailey Burgashell, in Sutton, making sculling boats. He has not re-married.
Mr Graham believes the film came into his possession when he was stationed at RAF Upwood and bought a projector. Some airport footage at the start of the reel was used to demonstrate the machine. It was only when he came to transfer old cine film to DVD that he discovered the wedding footage.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton