Man killed by train near Huntingdon railway station
A MAN was killed when he was hit by a train near Huntingdon Railway Station today (Tuesday). Trains were delayed from King s Cross and stopped altogether at Huntingdon Railway Station travelling on towards Peterborough. A spokesman for British Transport P
A MAN was killed when he was hit by a train near Huntingdon Railway Station today (Tuesday).
Trains were delayed from King's Cross and were stopped altogether at Huntingdon railway station, with no services going on towards Peterborough.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said the incident had been reported at just after 4pm. Paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene.
"The incident is being treated as non-suspicious. Investigations are currently ongoing to establish his identity and how he came to be on the tracks," said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
First Capital Connect warned delays to train services and the use of replacement bus services would continue into the evening.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital