Man killed by train near Huntingdon railway station
A MAN was killed when he was hit by a train near Huntingdon Railway Station today (Tuesday). Trains were delayed from King s Cross and stopped altogether at Huntingdon Railway Station travelling on towards Peterborough. A spokesman for British Transport P
A MAN was killed when he was hit by a train near Huntingdon Railway Station today (Tuesday).
Trains were delayed from King's Cross and were stopped altogether at Huntingdon railway station, with no services going on towards Peterborough.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said the incident had been reported at just after 4pm. Paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene.
"The incident is being treated as non-suspicious. Investigations are currently ongoing to establish his identity and how he came to be on the tracks," said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
First Capital Connect warned delays to train services and the use of replacement bus services would continue into the evening.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'