Man given bail following fatal collision near Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man has been given bail after a fatal collision on the A14 yesterday (Tuesday) morning.
The collision happened at about 7am today on the Alconbury spur road.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was a passenger in a red Honda Civic travelling east on the A14, half a mile before Spittals interchange.
The collision also involved a grey Range Rover.
The man, who was pronounced dead at the scene, has not yet been formally identified.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man, from London, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station, in Peterborough, and has now been bailed until June 6.
Both carriage ways were closed following the incident but the roads are now open.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.