Man dies after falling onto A1 from St Neots flyover
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots. Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the A1 southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon. It is bel
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots.
Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon.
It is believed the driver had stopped on the flyover to check his lorry and then fell over the railings onto the carriageway below.
The man, who has not yet been identified, died on the way to South Wing Hospital in Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive have been called to carry out checks at the site.
The flyover opposite Wyboston Lakes was closed and one lane of the A1 southbound at the Eaton Socon roundabout was shut.
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
Both roads reopened at 12.30pm.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Bedfordshire road policing unit on 01234 841212.