Man dies after falling onto A1 from St Neots flyover
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots. Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the A1 southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon. It is bel
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots.
Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon.
It is believed the driver had stopped on the flyover to check his lorry and then fell over the railings onto the carriageway below.
The man, who has not yet been identified, died on the way to South Wing Hospital in Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive have been called to carry out checks at the site.
The flyover opposite Wyboston Lakes was closed and one lane of the A1 southbound at the Eaton Socon roundabout was shut.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'Armed police' swarm on St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 4 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
- 10 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
Both roads reopened at 12.30pm.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Bedfordshire road policing unit on 01234 841212.