Man dies after falling onto A1 from St Neots flyover
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots. Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the A1 southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon. It is bel
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots.
Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon.
It is believed the driver had stopped on the flyover to check his lorry and then fell over the railings onto the carriageway below.
The man, who has not yet been identified, died on the way to South Wing Hospital in Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive have been called to carry out checks at the site.
The flyover opposite Wyboston Lakes was closed and one lane of the A1 southbound at the Eaton Socon roundabout was shut.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 5 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
Both roads reopened at 12.30pm.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Bedfordshire road policing unit on 01234 841212.