Man dies after falling onto A1 from St Neots flyover
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots. Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the A1 southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon. It is bel
A LORRY driver has died after falling from a flyover onto the A1 at St Neots.
Passing motorists called police at 9.58am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the Wyboston flyover onto the southbound carriageway near Eaton Socon.
It is believed the driver had stopped on the flyover to check his lorry and then fell over the railings onto the carriageway below.
The man, who has not yet been identified, died on the way to South Wing Hospital in Bedford.
Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive have been called to carry out checks at the site.
The flyover opposite Wyboston Lakes was closed and one lane of the A1 southbound at the Eaton Socon roundabout was shut.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Both roads reopened at 12.30pm.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Bedfordshire road policing unit on 01234 841212.