Man charged over theft of police van
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint. Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne is due to appear at Peterborough Magist
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint.
Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne, is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Friday (June 12).
A police search took place on Tuesday (June 9) after a 36-year-old man was reported to have stolen a police van from two officers at gunpoint in Orton Malborne, Peterborough.
The man is reported then to have driventhe van out of the city, and it was later found abandoned between Norman Cross and Ratcliffe's garage on the B1043 in Conington. It is then believed he ran across fields before hijacking a silver Volkswagon at gunpoint between Conington and Holme on the B660.
Police arrested a 36-year-old man at 5.40am on Wednesday (June 10) at an address in Haverhill.
A 30-year-old man, from Haverhill, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail until June 25.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 8 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.