Man charged over theft of police van
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint. Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne is due to appear at Peterborough Magist
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint.
Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne, is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Friday (June 12).
A police search took place on Tuesday (June 9) after a 36-year-old man was reported to have stolen a police van from two officers at gunpoint in Orton Malborne, Peterborough.
The man is reported then to have driventhe van out of the city, and it was later found abandoned between Norman Cross and Ratcliffe's garage on the B1043 in Conington. It is then believed he ran across fields before hijacking a silver Volkswagon at gunpoint between Conington and Holme on the B660.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 36-year-old man at 5.40am on Wednesday (June 10) at an address in Haverhill.
A 30-year-old man, from Haverhill, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail until June 25.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 9 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.