Man charged over theft of police van
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint. Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne is due to appear at Peterborough Magist
A MAN has been charged with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the theft of a police van and a car at gunpoint.
Thirty-six-year-old Robert Inman, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne, is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Friday (June 12).
A police search took place on Tuesday (June 9) after a 36-year-old man was reported to have stolen a police van from two officers at gunpoint in Orton Malborne, Peterborough.
The man is reported then to have driventhe van out of the city, and it was later found abandoned between Norman Cross and Ratcliffe's garage on the B1043 in Conington. It is then believed he ran across fields before hijacking a silver Volkswagon at gunpoint between Conington and Holme on the B660.
Police arrested a 36-year-old man at 5.40am on Wednesday (June 10) at an address in Haverhill.
A 30-year-old man, from Haverhill, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail until June 25.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.