Man charged in connection with St Neots pub stabbing
A MAN from Essex has been charged in connection with a stabbing at a pub in Eynesbury on Wednesday night (August 26).Police were called to the Merry Boys pub, in Berkley Street, at about 10.30pm.The victim, a 48-year-old man from the St Neots area, was
A MAN from Essex has been charged in connection with a stabbing at a pub in Eynesbury on Wednesday night (August 26).
Police were called to the Merry Boys pub, in Berkley Street, at about 10.30pm.
The victim, a 48-year-old man from the St Neots area, was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon by a member of the public. He was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with injuries described as serious, but not life-threatening.
Brian Bailey, aged 33, from Amesbury Road, Dagenham, Essex, has been charged with driving while over the legal alcohol limit, causing grievous bodily harm with intent, failing to stop at the scene of a road collision, driving without due care and attention and possessing an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village