Man attacked as he handed out BNP leaflets in St Neots
AN ELDERLY man was slapped over the head and pushed to the ground as he handed out BNP campaign leaflets in St Neots town centre on Saturday. Cambridgeshire police said the officers were looking at CCTV images to try to identify the attackers who stru
A 70-YEAR-OLD man was slapped over the head and pushed to the ground as he handed out BNP campaign leaflets in St Neots town centre on Saturday.
Cambridgeshire police said the officers were looking at CCTV images to try to identify the attackers who struck at 10.30am in the Market Square.
Seven people had been handing out literature in the town when they were approached by two men. One of the men then slapped the 70-year-old and the other grabbed a box containing 500 BNP leaflets and a mobile phone. Both men then ran off.
Both offenders are described as white and aged between 16 and 20. The first was 6ft 3in tall, slim and dressed in a black short-sleeved shirt and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The second is described as 5ft 10in tall, stocky and wearing a brown jacket and jeans.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters