DANISH rockers Mew head to Cambridge this Saturday for an evening which, if it hasn t already sold out at the time of going to press, looks very worthy of your attention. Playing at the APU (Anglia Polytechnic) this leg of their UK tour is certainly one
DANISH rockers Mew head to Cambridge this Saturday for an evening which, if it hasn't already sold out at the time of going to press, looks very worthy of your attention.
Playing at the APU (Anglia Polytechnic) this leg of their UK tour is certainly one of the smaller venues on their travels (the band's trip to London includes a show at the prestigious Shepherds Bush Empire). Promoting their second album, '...and the glass handed kites' which has been met with both commercial and critical acclaim, it's worth seeing them just for the hope they play tracks from their incredible debut release, 'Frengers' which I'm sure they will. Great dreamy pop, fans of Mercury Rev and Grandaddy should be pleasantly impressed.
Meanwhile, fans of local heroes After 4 will be interested to know the band have a very busy February lined up, playing the following shows: Sat Feb 11 @ The Aviator, St Ives from 9pm, Tue Feb 14 @ The Eager Poet, Milton Keynes , Wed 22 Feb @ Cellar Bar 8, Cambridge, UK Unsigned Showcase, Fri Feb 24 @ The Rock, Cambridge.
And for those acoustically inclined, tomorrow (Thursday) night sees a cracking line-up at the Living Room (at the Cellar of the CB2 Restaurant, Norfolk Street, Cambridge), which sees witty singer-songwriter Sam Inglis perform alongside Ben Irvin, and stripped down bands Colonel Bastard and The Barnum Effect. Doors are 8pm, tickets are £4 and the event usually sells out on the night so best get there early.
You may also want to watch:
Future artists to feature at the acoustic showcases, organised by popular Cambridge promoters Hope Street Music, include Alex Harris, Sunday Driver, Bomb Factory and James Chadwick among others.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?