Make some time to listen
EP REVIEW: GUNS DRAWN EP- SOMETIMENEVER Sometimenever s Guns Drawn EP is one of the most ambitious and imaginative releases I have ever heard from an unsigned band. It clearly reaches far, far beyond the confines of the local music scene. The band have at
EP REVIEW: GUNS DRAWN EP- SOMETIMENEVER
Sometimenever's Guns Drawn EP is one of the most ambitious and imaginative releases I have ever heard from an unsigned band. It clearly reaches far, far beyond the confines of the local music scene. The band have attempted to put together an EP that is not merely a collection of songs, but a ferocious little opus with its own Intro, Outro and having almost as many sounds as a full album in between.
Intro begins with the sounds of a radio being tuned - white noise, occasional flashes of speech and then a delicate piano riff that gradually lures the listener into the eventual roar of Slow Dive. Think of The Smashing Pumpkins' delicate Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness leading into Tonight Tonight.
Pistols At Dawn sees the band at their most relentlessly heavy and intense - sounds of thunderstorms providing the only 'reprieve' from an exhilarating ride. Acoustic guitars clear the air equally well on the aptly titled 100MPH. Backing vocals provide warmth and drums crash the song to an end.
You may also want to watch:
Outro is initially a minute and a half of distorted yet soothing sounds set to street sound effects. It's reminiscent of some of Radiohead's atmospherics on Amnesaic and leads quickly into a long silence.
Minutes later, a 'hidden track' begins. Studio chat wanders into a rough acoustic track - that in turn leads to mid-song laughter and a great way to end an incredibly well put together EP.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 5 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 6 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 10 Police appeal to trace missing Huntingdon man
Listen at www.sometimenever.co.uk www.myspace.com/sometimeneveruk