Make a special trip next week to use your post office
SEND a clear message to Post Office Limited next week – we use our post office and have the sticker to prove it. With dozens of branch offices likely to be threatened with closure in Cambridgeshire in three months time, next week is your chance to demons
SEND a clear message to Post Office Limited next week - we use our post office and have the sticker to prove it.
With dozens of branch offices likely to be threatened with closure in Cambridgeshire in three months' time, next week is your chance to demonstrate that you will use your local branch.
Action Week, organised by The Hunts Post and backed by our local MPs, starts on Monday, April 21. Use your post office, sign the petition to keep it open and collected a sticker to demonstrate that you care about keeping a vital part of our urban and rural communities intact.
Ignore the internet, however convenient it may seem, and use the post office instead, to help keep it open for the benefit of those who have no internet access, no car and poor access to public transport - those for whom it is a social and community lifeline.
You may also want to watch:
"Post offices are often the heartbeat of our communities, particularly in rural areas," said Andy Veale, editor of The Hunts Post. "I urge you to use yours next week.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer