Make a special trip next week to use your post office
SEND a clear message to Post Office Limited next week – we use our post office and have the sticker to prove it. With dozens of branch offices likely to be threatened with closure in Cambridgeshire in three months time, next week is your chance to demons
SEND a clear message to Post Office Limited next week - we use our post office and have the sticker to prove it.
With dozens of branch offices likely to be threatened with closure in Cambridgeshire in three months' time, next week is your chance to demonstrate that you will use your local branch.
Action Week, organised by The Hunts Post and backed by our local MPs, starts on Monday, April 21. Use your post office, sign the petition to keep it open and collected a sticker to demonstrate that you care about keeping a vital part of our urban and rural communities intact.
Ignore the internet, however convenient it may seem, and use the post office instead, to help keep it open for the benefit of those who have no internet access, no car and poor access to public transport - those for whom it is a social and community lifeline.
You may also want to watch:
"Post offices are often the heartbeat of our communities, particularly in rural areas," said Andy Veale, editor of The Hunts Post. "I urge you to use yours next week.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages