Make a date
A calendar that features photographs of Huntingdonshire-born babies has gone on sale to raise money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Jonathan Djanogly, Huntingdon MP, launched the 2008 Hinchingbrooke Baby Calendar at the hospital s maternity unit on Friday. T
A calendar that features photographs of Huntingdonshire-born babies has gone on sale to raise money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Jonathan Djanogly, Huntingdon MP, launched the 2008 Hinchingbrooke Baby Calendar at the hospital's maternity unit on Friday.
The calendar, which features black and white shots of babies born at the hospital, has raised more than £12,000 for the maternity unit in the past.
Photographer Anna Wiskin said: "The calendar really is back by popular demand this year as we didn't do one last year and I had so many people call me and ask where it was.
"Sir John Major has written a message of endorsement for the calendar and it has been completely redesigned, with even more photographs of our local babies."
The proceeds from previous years have helped to fund a quiet area in the delivery suite where expectant parents can relax and make drinks, and for new equipment for the unit.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
INFORMATION: The calendar is on sale at shops in Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots and Ramsey, price £5. A list of stores can be found by visiting www.annawiskin.co.uk/calendar or phoning Anna Wiskin on 01487 710087.
n Jonathan Djanogly is pictured with Charlie Cook, one-day-old baby Sophie and Anna Wiskin at the calendar's launch.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 9551