Magnificent seven pubs
SEVEN Huntingdonshire pubs have been added to the latest edition of The Good Beer Guide, published annually by the Campaign for Real Ale. The 2008 guide includes the White Hart in Alconbury Weston, the Wheatsheaf in Eaton Socon, the Anchor in Little Paxto
SEVEN Huntingdonshire pubs have been added to the latest edition of The Good Beer Guide, published annually by the Campaign for Real Ale.
The 2008 guide includes the White Hart in Alconbury Weston, the Wheatsheaf in Eaton Socon, the Anchor in Little Paxton, the Lord John Russell in St Neots, the Bell Inn in Stilton, the Three Horseshoes in Wistow, and the Snooty Tavern in Great Staughton.
Good Beer Guide editor Roger Protz said: "CAMRA's Good Beer Guide is an indispensable travel companion for every discerning beer drinker and pub-goer. Each pub is inspected and researched by CAMRA's members who have spent months finding the best 4,500 pubs for British pub lovers to enjoy
"The guide celebrates its 35th anniversary this year and this main this success is down to the surveying of the CAMRA members who keep the book fresh and up-to-date."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The Good Beer Guide 2008 costs £14.99. It is available directly from CAMRA or book shops.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor