Magnificent seven pubs
SEVEN Huntingdonshire pubs have been added to the latest edition of The Good Beer Guide, published annually by the Campaign for Real Ale. The 2008 guide includes the White Hart in Alconbury Weston, the Wheatsheaf in Eaton Socon, the Anchor in Little Paxto
SEVEN Huntingdonshire pubs have been added to the latest edition of The Good Beer Guide, published annually by the Campaign for Real Ale.
The 2008 guide includes the White Hart in Alconbury Weston, the Wheatsheaf in Eaton Socon, the Anchor in Little Paxton, the Lord John Russell in St Neots, the Bell Inn in Stilton, the Three Horseshoes in Wistow, and the Snooty Tavern in Great Staughton.
Good Beer Guide editor Roger Protz said: "CAMRA's Good Beer Guide is an indispensable travel companion for every discerning beer drinker and pub-goer. Each pub is inspected and researched by CAMRA's members who have spent months finding the best 4,500 pubs for British pub lovers to enjoy
"The guide celebrates its 35th anniversary this year and this main this success is down to the surveying of the CAMRA members who keep the book fresh and up-to-date."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The Good Beer Guide 2008 costs £14.99. It is available directly from CAMRA or book shops.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020