Louis Smith sculpture would boost tourism and economy
COULD there be a more appropriate way of celebrating Louis Smith’s bronze and silver Olympic medals than by resurrecting Derek Massey’s iconic statue of Louis balancing on a pomel horse?
A great opportunity was missed in 2009, but now reparation can be made.
Placed in Holme Fen, alongside the London to Edinburgh railway, this scuplture could well prove to be Huntingdonshire’s ‘Angel of the North’, both attracting tourists and boosting local business.
We not only wish Mr Massey every success in raising sufficient funds, but applaud his single mindedness and generosity in volunteering his time and skills to bring this project to well-deserved fruitiion.
GRACE ADAMS and
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections