Louis Smith sculpture would boost tourism and economy
COULD there be a more appropriate way of celebrating Louis Smith’s bronze and silver Olympic medals than by resurrecting Derek Massey’s iconic statue of Louis balancing on a pomel horse?
A great opportunity was missed in 2009, but now reparation can be made.
Placed in Holme Fen, alongside the London to Edinburgh railway, this scuplture could well prove to be Huntingdonshire’s ‘Angel of the North’, both attracting tourists and boosting local business.
We not only wish Mr Massey every success in raising sufficient funds, but applaud his single mindedness and generosity in volunteering his time and skills to bring this project to well-deserved fruitiion.
GRACE ADAMS and
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal