Louis Smith sculpture would boost tourism and economy
COULD there be a more appropriate way of celebrating Louis Smith’s bronze and silver Olympic medals than by resurrecting Derek Massey’s iconic statue of Louis balancing on a pomel horse?
A great opportunity was missed in 2009, but now reparation can be made.
Placed in Holme Fen, alongside the London to Edinburgh railway, this scuplture could well prove to be Huntingdonshire’s ‘Angel of the North’, both attracting tourists and boosting local business.
We not only wish Mr Massey every success in raising sufficient funds, but applaud his single mindedness and generosity in volunteering his time and skills to bring this project to well-deserved fruitiion.
GRACE ADAMS and
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages