Lorry driver charged with dangerous driving
This is the lorry driver charged with causing death by dangerous driving of a mother and her two young children in an horrific road crash. Stacey Gitsham, along with her two-year-old son Joshua and 11-week-old baby Georgia, died in a five-vehicle pile-up
This is the lorry driver charged with causing death by dangerous driving of a mother and her two young children in an horrific road crash.
Stacey Gitsham, along with her two-year-old son Joshua and 11-week-old baby Georgia, died in a five-vehicle pile-up on the A1 near St Neots on December 8.
Lorry driver James Wingfield is due to appear at Peterborough Crown Court tomorrow (Thursday) to face three charges of causing death by dangerous driving and one count of careless driving.
The 36-year-old, of Colchester Street, Coventry, attended a hearing at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court last Thursday, when he spoke only to confirm his personal details. No pleas were entered.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor Craig McDougall said the three victims died after their BMW was in collision with an articulated lorry. The force of the impact pushed the car into another vehicle in front, causing a chain reaction.
Magistrates sent the case to crown court, remanding Mr Wingfield on unconditional bail.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
The young family, of Gainsborough Avenue, Eaton Ford, left behind devastated father and husband, Andrew, who led more than 200 mourners at a funeral service in St Neots just days before Christmas.