London riots? Support emergency services all the time
AT a time when there is a raging debate between the Prime Minister, the Police Federation and police chiefs over the “proposed cuts” in the wake of the riots, it’s worth reminding both national and local politicians that the fire services, both in London and indeed here in our own back yard, face cuts.
Appliances are being removed, firefighters are losing their jobs and stations are being closed as this critical blue light service, which serves from Devon to Strathclyde, faces cuts.
We should surely recognise their worth, and not just when idiots fire-bomb our cities.
What price is the Government putting on public safety?
Cllr GEOFF HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Senior opposition member
Cambridgeshire Fire Authority
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 5 Event to remember village's war hero
- 6 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Queen Edith’s Way