London riots? Support emergency services all the time
AT a time when there is a raging debate between the Prime Minister, the Police Federation and police chiefs over the “proposed cuts” in the wake of the riots, it’s worth reminding both national and local politicians that the fire services, both in London and indeed here in our own back yard, face cuts.
Appliances are being removed, firefighters are losing their jobs and stations are being closed as this critical blue light service, which serves from Devon to Strathclyde, faces cuts.
We should surely recognise their worth, and not just when idiots fire-bomb our cities.
What price is the Government putting on public safety?
Cllr GEOFF HEATHCOCK
Senior opposition member
Cambridgeshire Fire Authority
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 7 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 8 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 9 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 10 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
Queen Edith’s Way