London riots? Support emergency services all the time
AT a time when there is a raging debate between the Prime Minister, the Police Federation and police chiefs over the “proposed cuts” in the wake of the riots, it’s worth reminding both national and local politicians that the fire services, both in London and indeed here in our own back yard, face cuts.
Appliances are being removed, firefighters are losing their jobs and stations are being closed as this critical blue light service, which serves from Devon to Strathclyde, faces cuts.
We should surely recognise their worth, and not just when idiots fire-bomb our cities.
What price is the Government putting on public safety?
Cllr GEOFF HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Senior opposition member
Cambridgeshire Fire Authority
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Hinchingbrooke Hospital needs 'urgent' rebuild by 2030, warns MP
Queen Edith’s Way