London riots? Support emergency services all the time
AT a time when there is a raging debate between the Prime Minister, the Police Federation and police chiefs over the “proposed cuts” in the wake of the riots, it’s worth reminding both national and local politicians that the fire services, both in London and indeed here in our own back yard, face cuts.
Appliances are being removed, firefighters are losing their jobs and stations are being closed as this critical blue light service, which serves from Devon to Strathclyde, faces cuts.
We should surely recognise their worth, and not just when idiots fire-bomb our cities.
What price is the Government putting on public safety?
Cllr GEOFF HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Senior opposition member
Cambridgeshire Fire Authority
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
Queen Edith’s Way