Little Fishes turn cakes and cookies into cash
CUP cakes and cookies were sold to raise money to help provide support and care for sick babies born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The Little Fishes mums and tots group, which meets at the Baptist Church in Bluntisham, held a cake sale and rai
CUP cakes and cookies were sold to raise money to help provide support and care for sick babies born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The Little Fishes mums and tots group, which meets at the Baptist Church in Bluntisham, held a cake sale and raised £63 for The Hunts Post New Life Appeal.
The group sold homemade chocolate corn flake cakes, fairy cakes, biscuits and cookies to raise money.
Michelle Gore, treasurer of the Little Fishes committee, said: "Mums, grandmas, dads and granddads of the group decided to support The Hunts Post New Life Appeal as most of us have had our children born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We all had such a good experience at the maternity unit that we wanted to give something back."
Launched in January, the appeal aims to raise £70,000 for the hospital's special care baby unit and maternity unit. The money will pay for improvements to the departments, including en-suite facilities and the latest equipment to care for sick babies.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 3 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
INFORMATION: The Hunts Post is always looking for new ideas to help raise money for the New Life Appeal. If you are a new parent and would like to say a thank you to the dedicated staff at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, then why not get involved? You can send your ideas, or find out more information, by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling the The Hunts Post offices on 01480 411481 and ask to speak to someone in the newsroom.
nTickets are still available to for the Dreamdrops/New Life Appeal concert in Huntingdon on May 17. The Johnny Harris Big Band will be performing at this special charity night.
Tickets cost £17.50 and can be purchased by calling The Hunts Post on 01480 411481.