Let the public decide on Lidl supermarket plan
MAY I offer a contribution to the debate on the planning application by Lidl to open a store on the outskirts of Huntingdon’s town centre?
In my view the application should be supported. Such a store would provide many benefits.
It will provide much needed social housing.
It will create more jobs for local people.
It will attract more people to Huntingdon at a time when we could do with an economic boost.
You may also want to watch:
Adequate parking facilities will be provided, which cannot be said of the Tesco store a few hundred yards way on Stukeley Meadows. This particular area of Huntingdon is of a mixed development of residential properties and light industry.
I would like to hear the views of local residents before a decision is made.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 8 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 9 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village