Let the public decide on Lidl supermarket plan
MAY I offer a contribution to the debate on the planning application by Lidl to open a store on the outskirts of Huntingdon’s town centre?
In my view the application should be supported. Such a store would provide many benefits.
It will provide much needed social housing.
It will create more jobs for local people.
It will attract more people to Huntingdon at a time when we could do with an economic boost.
You may also want to watch:
Adequate parking facilities will be provided, which cannot be said of the Tesco store a few hundred yards way on Stukeley Meadows. This particular area of Huntingdon is of a mixed development of residential properties and light industry.
I would like to hear the views of local residents before a decision is made.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon