Let the public decide on Lidl supermarket plan
MAY I offer a contribution to the debate on the planning application by Lidl to open a store on the outskirts of Huntingdon’s town centre?
In my view the application should be supported. Such a store would provide many benefits.
It will provide much needed social housing.
It will create more jobs for local people.
It will attract more people to Huntingdon at a time when we could do with an economic boost.
You may also want to watch:
Adequate parking facilities will be provided, which cannot be said of the Tesco store a few hundred yards way on Stukeley Meadows. This particular area of Huntingdon is of a mixed development of residential properties and light industry.
I would like to hear the views of local residents before a decision is made.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life