Let’s work with out mayor to improve Godmanchester
IT WAS good to read in The Hunts Post last week that the new Mayor for Godmanchester has an objective to improve the links between the town council and the community.
David Underwood has highlighted in his objectives the need to get the town council and organisations and businesses within our town working together. It is a two way process and organisations have to also become pro-active to ensure delivery of the mayor’s aim.
The community association, football and cricket clubs, other sporting clubs, pubs, social clubs, churches, schools, retailers and businesses have an opportunity to work and engage together with the town council for the good of Godmanchester. His choice of charities – Crossroad Care Cambridgeshire, Godmanchester Community Nursery and Help For Heroes – shows a good balance and are charities that touch many in our community.
I wish David every success in his time as mayor of Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
Dove House Close
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village