Let’s work with out mayor to improve Godmanchester
IT WAS good to read in The Hunts Post last week that the new Mayor for Godmanchester has an objective to improve the links between the town council and the community.
David Underwood has highlighted in his objectives the need to get the town council and organisations and businesses within our town working together. It is a two way process and organisations have to also become pro-active to ensure delivery of the mayor’s aim.
The community association, football and cricket clubs, other sporting clubs, pubs, social clubs, churches, schools, retailers and businesses have an opportunity to work and engage together with the town council for the good of Godmanchester. His choice of charities – Crossroad Care Cambridgeshire, Godmanchester Community Nursery and Help For Heroes – shows a good balance and are charities that touch many in our community.
I wish David every success in his time as mayor of Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
Dove House Close
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic