Let’s work with out mayor to improve Godmanchester
IT WAS good to read in The Hunts Post last week that the new Mayor for Godmanchester has an objective to improve the links between the town council and the community.
David Underwood has highlighted in his objectives the need to get the town council and organisations and businesses within our town working together. It is a two way process and organisations have to also become pro-active to ensure delivery of the mayor’s aim.
The community association, football and cricket clubs, other sporting clubs, pubs, social clubs, churches, schools, retailers and businesses have an opportunity to work and engage together with the town council for the good of Godmanchester. His choice of charities – Crossroad Care Cambridgeshire, Godmanchester Community Nursery and Help For Heroes – shows a good balance and are charities that touch many in our community.
I wish David every success in his time as mayor of Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
Dove House Close
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?