Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart s 21-month sentence at a young offenders institute against another young driver
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart's 21-month sentence at a young offenders' institute against another young driver's nine-month suspended sentence for causing death by careless driving.
Although feeling terribly sorry for the loss of a young man's life, I have to ask the question: why ruin a young girl's as well? Two wrongs do not make a right.
Racing bikes on public roads is wrong and should be stopped - the A1 trunk road is a far too dangerous a place to ride a cycle let alone race one.
The A1 is a motorway in all but name.
You may also want to watch:
Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies.
MR P HARRIS
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?