Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart s 21-month sentence at a young offenders institute against another young driver
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart's 21-month sentence at a young offenders' institute against another young driver's nine-month suspended sentence for causing death by careless driving.
Although feeling terribly sorry for the loss of a young man's life, I have to ask the question: why ruin a young girl's as well? Two wrongs do not make a right.
Racing bikes on public roads is wrong and should be stopped - the A1 trunk road is a far too dangerous a place to ride a cycle let alone race one.
The A1 is a motorway in all but name.
You may also want to watch:
Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies.
MR P HARRIS
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village