Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart s 21-month sentence at a young offenders institute against another young driver
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart's 21-month sentence at a young offenders' institute against another young driver's nine-month suspended sentence for causing death by careless driving.
Although feeling terribly sorry for the loss of a young man's life, I have to ask the question: why ruin a young girl's as well? Two wrongs do not make a right.
Racing bikes on public roads is wrong and should be stopped - the A1 trunk road is a far too dangerous a place to ride a cycle let alone race one.
The A1 is a motorway in all but name.
You may also want to watch:
Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies.
MR P HARRIS
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'