Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart s 21-month sentence at a young offenders institute against another young driver
AN ARTICLE has been published in the Metro newspaper which highlights the huge variation in sentences that are being handed down. The article contrasts 19-year-old Katie Hart's 21-month sentence at a young offenders' institute against another young driver's nine-month suspended sentence for causing death by careless driving.
Although feeling terribly sorry for the loss of a young man's life, I have to ask the question: why ruin a young girl's as well? Two wrongs do not make a right.
Racing bikes on public roads is wrong and should be stopped - the A1 trunk road is a far too dangerous a place to ride a cycle let alone race one.
The A1 is a motorway in all but name.
Let common sense prevail before another cyclist dies.
MR P HARRIS
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital